|NICU Nurses Australia(ref. no. NFNZ )|
|Job Title: ||NICU Nurses Australia|
|Salary: ||$60,000 circa|
|Hospital Type: ||Public Sector|
|Job Description: |
|Are you looking to develop your clinical knowledge and contribute to current models of care in Neo-natal nursing? Come and join our family of caring, dedicated nurses.|
We have a team who value people and the unique contributions that they bring to our team. If you love acheiving successful outcomes for patients and have a passion for the Neo-natal care, we want to hear from you!
What we can offer you:
A highly supportive, congenial work environment.
The opportunity, through your own professional development, to add to the unit's existing body of clinical knowledge.
A well established unit with experienced nurses and management.
Flexible shifts which operate on a rostered and rotating basis
You will have:
At least 24 months experience in a Neo-natal intensive care unit
Excellent assessment skills
Passion for Neo-natal nursing
Motivation to develop practice
• Values consistent with those of C&C DHB
• A desire to professionally develop in the area of Neonatal intensive care nursing.
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to create effective working relationships
• Takes ownership of own decisions in order to meet responsibilities of the role
• A commitment to maintain ongoing competence and professional development by maintaining a current portfolio that meets Australian Nursing Council requirements.
• Provide neonatal speciality nursing care, which reflects current nursing knowledge, research and understanding.
• Ability to deliver neonatal care to a high standard by setting goals and planing care that reflects a family care focus.
• Advocate for the patients, their families and nursing within the specialty practice area.
• Be able to mobilise resources to meet the individual needs of patients and their families.
• A commitment to infants and families health in a bicultural and multicultural environment
• Access knowledge of experienced staff when confronted with situations that exceed own level of knowledge and clinical skill.
• Act as a preceptor of new staff and student nurses.
• Demonstrates mastery of clinical skills required to provide competent neonatal care.
• Have completed or be working towards recognised neonatal competencies, certification and revalidation.
• Ability with information technology
• A sense of humour
|Eligible for registration in Australia|
|Neonatal Intensive Care |